If you want to use PayPal for your business, you must:
- Sign-up for a PayPal account (it’s free!).
- Ensure you select the “Business Account” option on the sign-up screen.
- Confirm your email address, otherwise you won’t be able to receive payments. PayPal will email you a confirmation link.
- Raise your account limits, so you can receive and withdraw higher amounts. Typically PayPal will ask for proof of your address details.
How can I tell if I have a PayPal business account?
- Login to your PayPal account at https://www.paypal.com/signin.
- Go to the “Your Profile” screen, which you can access by clicking the cog icon at the top of the screen, indicated in orange below:
- At the bottom of the screen, you should see the “Account type” listed as “Business“.
Setting up PayPal on your website:
If you want to use PayPal with e-commerce software on your website, please let us know your PayPal email address and password, so we can carry out the necessary technical steps. You can securely send your PayPal login details to Primary Image by using our online tool to encrypt your password first, before emailing it to us.
Alternatively, if you would prefer not to give out your PayPal login details, you can send us your PayPal API keys.