Normally, if we’re setting up PayPal to work with your website, we just ask for your PayPal username and password, then we’ll deal with all the technical settings ourselves.
However, due to the stricter security settings on some PayPal accounts, occasionally we need you to gather some information for us, because PayPal won’t allow us access to some parts of your account!
If we’ve asked you to send us your PayPal API details, please do the following:
- Login to your PayPal account at https://www.paypal.com/signin.
- Go to “Profile” (top of the screen) and click on “Profile & Settings”.
- Go to “My Selling Preferences” (on the left-hand side).
- Click on “API Access” (right-hand side of the screen) and the “Update” button.
- Under “NVP/SOAP API integration”, click on “Request API credentials”.
- Next, PayPal are prompting us to complete a security check, so they’re most likely asking you the same! PayPal will make an automated call to your registered phone number, asking you to complete a security step. As PayPal need to call you, this is why we can’t do this ourselves!
- On the following screen, you’ll then see the option to “Request an API signature”.
- Next, you should see “API Username”, “API password” and “Signature”, with a “Show” link for each of these.
- Please send us these details. Thank you!