Please note: this only applies to websites that have this feature installed. We will normally tell you if this feature is available on your website.
How do I switch the sidebar on and off?
By default, the sidebar displays on all pages and posts.
To switch off the sidebar:
- In the website editor, go to the edit screen of your Page or Post.
- Towards the bottom of the screen, there’s a settings box called “Sidebar“:
- Choose either “Display Sidebar” or “Hide Sidebar“.
- Save your page:
How do I edit the sidebars on my website?
- In the back-end menu, go to “Appearance” and into “Widgets“.
- You’ll then see a screen similar to this below:The exact options available here will vary according to your own website.
- To edit the content of your sidebar(s), use the relevant area on the right-hand side of your screen (highlighted above in blue).
- You can normally expand the individual “widgets” by clicking on the arrow, which allows you to edit the content:
- You can add new “widgets” from the left-hand side (highlighted earlier in green) by dragging them into the right-hand (blue) area. However, we advise you fully test any changes you make here.
- You can also delete widgets by clicking on the “Delete” link.