MailChimp is a third-party service that allows you to send email newsletters to your subscribers.
Setting up MailChimp
Firstly, you will need to signup for a MailChimp account. They will need some details from you, such as your office address and payment details.
Please note that MailChimp will include your office address on all emails sent to subscribers (for anti-spam purposes), so this will be publicly visible.
Once you have a MailChimp login, it’s advisable to give Primary Image temporary access to your account, so we can continue the setup. For security, you can optionally encrypt your password before emailing it to us.
The technical setup steps, which we can carry out for you, include:
- Verifying your website with MailChimp
- Setting up anti-spam settings in your domain name’s technical settings
- Adding subscriber forms within your website’s pages (if applicable)
We do this setup work on a paid-basis, unless we quoted to do this work as part of building your new website.
MailChimp is a pretty powerful system, so there are lots of options and features to play with. However, in its most basic usage, to send your first newsletter:
- Go to “Create” in the top menu
- Choose “Email”
- Type in a subject line
- Then proceed through the steps
If you would like help on using MailChimp, we suggest taking a look at their support area, which is full of good advice and tips.
Here’s some useful links:
- MailChimp support index
- MailChimp Getting Started guides
- More MailChimp guides on sending emails and best practices
- MailChimp’s pricing
- Contact MailChimp’s support team
If you would like Primary Image to help you with MailChimp, such as providing support on answering questions, or setting up your newsletter’s design, we are happy to help. As MailChimp is a third-party tool, we can only provide support on a paid-basis.