Please note: This guide only applies if you have the Beaver Builder page building software installed on your website.
When creating a new page, you may find it easier to duplicate an existing page design and layout (e.g. one created by Primary Image using the “Beaver Builder” software), rather than creating a brand-new page completely from scratch.
Wherever possible, Primary Image recommends cloning an existing page, and then making your edits on a pre-built page design.
Create a page with pre-built design:
- Go to the “Pages” area found on the left-hand side of the dashboard.
- Hover your cursor over an existing page, which you can clone and use as the basis for your new page. Pages created in Beaver Builder have a green dot indicator.
- Click on “Duplicate Page“:
- You will be taken to the editing screen, where you can create your new page.
- Once you have finished, click “Done” and “Publish“. You’ll be taken to the public version of the page to see how it looks.
- Next, click on the “Edit Page“, to the left of the “Beaver Builder” link:
- Now, go back to the WordPress page editor, where you can edit the page’s name and change the URL.
- On the right-hand side of the editing screen, you’ll see many tabs relating to all sorts of settings. Look for the box labelled “Permalink” and this is where you can change the page’s URL:
- Important tip: Set your page’s permalink (URL) to something short and relevant, since visitors will see this in their web browser’s address bar.
- Then, finally, click the “Update” button to save your changes.
Alternatively, you can start with a blank page from scratch. However, there will be no layout or blocks within the page, so just be aware that you will need to design the page yourself using the Beaver Builder software. If you do need Primary Image to assist, we are very happy to support you with any new design and development work that you may need.